CopyIt - The Grid Drawing Method for iOS
CopyIt Legacy Edition is also available for owners of the original iPad and iPod touch 3rd generation.
CopyIt assists you in copying, enlarging or reducing your chosen reference image using the grid drawing method.
Used by artists such as Vincent Van Gogh and Leonardo Da Vinci, the grid drawing method has been brought to digital life with CopyIt!
You do not even need to be artistic!
The grid drawing method breaks images down into smaller work areas. All you need to do then is focus on the actual lines and shapes within each square, rather than trying to draw the whole picture at once. You can't help but achieve with this method.
Using CopyIt also saves you from having to print your photos and ruin them by drawing grids over them.
Examples of the types of images that CopyIt can help you duplicate include photos, family portraits, house plans, logos, photos of paintings and drawings.
If you want to draw an image larger or smaller than the original, the pencil-drawn grid should be drawn larger or smaller than the original grid on the device. All that matters is that the contents of each square are drawn to scale.
NEW IN VERSION 3.5
- Two new Grid Types have been added: 1/6 (6x6) and 1/8 (8x8)
- Comprehensive In-App Help
- Universal App, compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- Supports Retina Display
- Fullscreen mode
- Audible feedback
- Extra options in the Settings App
- Set your Maximum Zoom level from x1 to x20
- CopyIt will resist entering standby while in use (if power-saving options are enabled)
- Columns, Rows and Pixels grid sizing options
- Preset Grids for iPad: 16x12, 8x6 and 4x3 equal squares
- Preset Grids for iPhone and iPod touch: 12x8, 6x4 and 3x2 equal squares
- 6 Grid Types
- To maintain the grid visibility regardless of your photo, choose from 9 grid colors, Black (default), Gray, White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange and Magenta
- Grid transparency is adjustable in 5% increments
- 5 different Grid Line thicknesses
- Grid letters and numbers (4 different formats)
- A center point in each grid square
- Guidelines: 1/4 and 1/16 to help you copy your subject
- Solid or Dashed Guidelines
- Guideline colour can be set independently to Grid colour
- SmartMove™ Just touch a square once to zoom to that square
- SmartMove™ takes advantage of your maximum zoom setting, never zooming in more than that amount
- SmartMove™ Left and Right arrows for moving through the grid in sequence (or you can just touch the square you want)
- Target mode highlights the current square and dims the rest, helping you to focus your attention
Filters and Effects:
- 6 Primary Filters
- 6 Secondary Filters
- Onion Skin Feature: Overlay your reference image above your work to quickly assess your accuracy
- 12 different image aspects
- Rotate the image in 90 degree increments
- Cameras are supported - both front and back
- Load Project
- Load From Photo Album
- Save Project
- Export to Photo Album
- Export as an email
- Print directly to AirPrint compatible printers
For detailed instructions on how to use CopyIt, help is available within the App.
A note from the Developer, Nigel Green:
“I am happy to announce that CopyIt has started being used in schools in the United States. Thank you to all our users for their feedback and feature suggestions which have helped make CopyIt what it is today - the most flexible and feature rich Grid Drawing App available anywhere.”